Last month I did something crazy… I emailed my list and asked if I could buy them a coffee or wine – surprise, this email was my highest opened email of all time 🙂
In exchange for a coffee or wine, I could pick their brain. I wanted to find out what was going on in the Perth entrepreneur space. What these ladies are struggling with, what their real deep fears are, what drives them to get off the couch and work another 4 hours on their biz after they have worked a full day at their 9 to 5.
I wanted to know my ideal client so deeply, that I would know what gets them fired up. So I could better serve them, so I could create events that could REALLY help solve their burning problems.
My favourite question to ask was… what is the BHAG (Big Hairy Audacious Goal) that is driving you. What is the ultimate goal? Why do you put yourself through all the late nights, blood, sweat & tears, and emotional roller-coaster ride that is entrepreneurship? When you could just sit in a comfy 9 to 5 and earn a good stable income?
After 17 one on one’s here’s what I learned:
- We’re desperate for freedom, to be able to set our own schedules, do what we want when we want with who we want! To take our girlfriends out for lunch on a Wednesday, look after our nephew on a Monday
- We know deep down we’re meant for something big; we’re building a legacy our future grandkids will be inspired by; we want to create something meaningful.
- We want to help people become free of whatever pain they have holding them back in life, we want to feel like we are making a difference in people’s lives, to feel valued.
- We want to feel settled, like we know with 100% conviction that we are living our purpose that we were put on this earth to do. Not just going through the motions letting life lead us.
- We’re craving clarity in a sea of information overload, we want a proven step by step process to take our dream biz to a level where we can make a difference in our clients lives, but also support our lifestyle and make really good money doing so.
So if this sounds anything like you, I’d love for you to come and join us! Click here to find out when our next event is!
Let me know in the comments – what is your BHAG!?