Many of our events are for members only, however we open up a few events per year for non-members to come check us out.
If you would like more information on becoming a member, click here: https://fusionbizco.com.au/membership
- This event has passed.
An Evening with Dixie Marshall // by Fusion Biz Babes
May 10, 2018 @ 6:30 pm - 9:00 pm
You’re invited to join Fusion Biz Babes for a night of real talk, as Dixie Marshall shares stories from her award-winning 27 year career in the media, to her six years in the ruthless world of politics.
Dixie’s long standing career has seen the need to reinvent herself multiple times. With these major shifts regularly coming out of left field, she will be sharing what it takes to stay resilient + humble in the face of the spotlight + adversity.
Dixie has held a number of impressive and well-regarded positions in the media, across radio, newspapers and television, as well as politics and charities, including:
💞 One of Australia’s first female football commentators when she joined the Seven Network in Melbourne
💞 One half of Australia’s first permanent all-female weekday evening news presenting team, alongside Sonia Vinci for Perth Nine News.
💞 Six years as Strategic communications director for Colin Barnett, the Premier of Western Australia
💞 Ambassador for the Starlight Foundation and Ovarian Cancer, and a board member of Tourism WA
💞 Currently Head of Creative + Partnerships (WA) for The Story Lab
👇 Check out this pic from Dixie’s channel 7 days! 👇
As with any career in the spotlight, Dixie has endured her fair share of criticism and setbacks, and has even been labelled “too fierce” in certain arenas. A far cry from her reputation and decorated career in the media.
Dixie is now head of creative and partnerships for the Story Lab, part of the global media agency Dentsu Aegis, which she helped establish in WA. Her transition into The Story Lab allows her to tell different types of stories, to diverse audiences, using new types of platforms.
She knows better than most that we can’t control what others say, what matters more is how we deal with that criticism, and use it as fuel to forge ahead, hold our heads high and continue creating a legacy.
By sharing her compelling story, Dixie gives power to other women to relentlessly pursue their dreams, ignore the haters, and stand up for what they believe in.
…with Perth serial entrepreneur, Kerrie Allen as co-MC! ✨
Kerrie will be co-MC’ing this event alongside Fusion Biz Babes founder, Ashley.
Kerrie is a prominent Perth figurehead in the small business scene. She is owner of 3 businesses, co-creator of the Perth Girlbosses facebook group, mum of two, business coach, brand strategist, and a highly sought after speaker + presenter at industry events.
- Dixie Marshall onstage for 60 minutes
- Networking opportunities
- Glass of wine or bubbles on arrival
- Fusion Members – $49 // Our members get 50% off the ticket price to this event, and VIP treatment including prime position front row seating, priority service, the guarantee to have their questions answered by Dixie, and 30 minutes early access to the event for member-only networking. Become a Fusion Biz Babes member today and get your ticket for $49, as well all the other benefits of being a member!
- General Admission (non-member) – $99 // Best option for those who just want to get in the room, soak up Dixie’s knowledge, enjoy a champas; and rub shoulders with Perth women who are doing brilliant things. $99 for one ticket, or bring a friend and pay only $89 each!
What you need to know:
- Join the Fusion Membership and SAVE!
- All tickets are non-refundable, but are name transferrable (non-members only), just let us know of any name changes before the event
- Tickets are strictly limited, be quick to secure your spot
- This event welcomes all forward thinking women – solopreneurs, creatives, small biz owners, corporate leaders, CEO’s, gamechangers, inspired mums
- Need more info? Email email@example.com
- Tickets: $89 – $99 (or just $49 for Fusion members)
- Click HERE to secure your spot TODAY!