Whatever you think you know about Dixie Marshall, throw it out the window and listen up!
Dixie is a wife, a mum, an award winning news presenter, a politics-survivor… and a woman who has been dragged through the ringer and come out the other side a stronger, prouder version of herself 👊🏻
We didn’t really know what to expect when she came onstage… but when she starts off her presentation by saying… “whatever is said in this room tonight, stays in this room” …you know it’s gonna be goooood!
For that very reason, I won’t be going into specifics… (if you get another chance to see her speak, I HIGHLY recommend going!)
I will however, share the lessons we took away from listening to an hour of Dixie’s “edge-of-your-seat” style stories.
- On BEING REAL: Know who you are, and be THAT. Don’t try to be something you’re not. It will never work, people will see through you, and you won’t be happy anyway.
- Personal grooming is important, you don’t want anything to distract from the message you are trying to convey, or the story you are sharing (BRB, just going to get my nails done..)
- Just because you read something about someone, does NOT mean it is true, and you have no idea what they are going through behind the scenes.. so be kind, always.
- On RESILIENCE: Lean on your girlfriends, your tribe, your family – talk it out over a wine or two… We all have an insane amount of resilience that you won’t know is in you until you are tested.
- TIP OF THE NIGHT! Keep hustling, these are our years to work HARD, even when it gets difficult – you don’t want to wake up at 55 with no skills, and even worse… no purpose. It will be worth it.
Special thanks also to our star MC Kerrie Allen from GameFace who is a complete natural up onstage! Last night was just perfect.